Tomorrow marks the start of the Maine State Jazz Festival, and we’re happy to bring this to you live! Click here watch and/or view a complete schedule of events.
This will be a continuing list of cancellations due to the storm . Check back often as we update the list.
- Houlton District Court CLOSED
- Houlton Superior Court CLOSED
- Houlton Town Office CLOSED
- Doug Guerrette State Farm Insurance CLOSED
- THIRSTY DAWG CLOSED
- Island Falls Town Office CLOSED
- NMCC CLOSED
- NO School GHCA
- No School RSU 50
- No School SAD 42
- Smyrna/Merrill Town Office CLOSED
- St. Mary’s Food Pantry in Houlton CLOSED
- ALL STATE office in Aroostook County CLOSED
- Evening classes of Houlton Hodgdon Adult Education are cancelled for Today.
- CLA Community Support Day Program is closed for today.
- Julie’s Beauty World located at 1 Military Street Houlton will be closed all day today.
- All ACAP offices will be closed today.
||Thursday Classes Cancelled|
Due to the anticipated big snow storm, the following have been CANCELD for THURSDAY, MARCH 13th! Open Gym & Game room hours; Parents & Tots; Walkers; Red Cross Babysitters Course; Piyo & Zumba Fitness Classes; To-Shin-Do Martial Arts Classes; Boys Syracuse & DUKE Basketball practices; Girls UMAINE vs. UMASS Basketball Game; Mens League Game. Stay Home & Stay Warm:)
Woodstock, New Brunswick (March 7, 2014) – Northern Maine Media Inc. (NMM), the home of WHOU 100.1 FM, has received approval from the New Brunswick Interscholastic Athletic Association (NBIAA) to video stream the 3 games of the AA Boys High School Hockey Championship for the 2013-2014 season. The championship games will be video streamed live online at www.whoufm.com on March 22nd and 23rd and broadcast on the radio at 100.1 FM. The radio broadcast can also be heard online at www.whoufm.com.
“We are very excited to have this opportunity,” said NMM President Fred Grant. “We’ve been video streaming sporting events for three years and while we’ve streamed hockey before, this will be our first championship hockey coverage. Fans that can’t make it to Woodstock for the championship will be pleased to finally see the games online.”
WHOU radio has been broadcasting high school sports for over 50 years and veteran announcer, Ken Holck, has provided the play-by-play calls for the station for the last 17 years. “We started with video streaming basketball in 2011 and we’ve been overwhelmed by the response.” stated Holck. “We have had over 300,000 views of our games this season and covered over 100 games in the regular season. Adding hockey to our line-up is going to make a lot of people very happy.”
Woodstock High School teacher, Brad McLaughlin has been calling the Woodstock Thunder games for WHOU and will be announcing all three of the championship match-ups. “The students have been excited to have the coverage this season and we’re all looking forward to this broadcast,” stated McLaughlin. “Combining the video with a radio broadcast for the Championship will be great coverage for the entire community.”
Northern Maine Media purchased WHOU in 2011 and in addition to radio and online streaming video; the company assists business and organizations with web development, website hosting, social media and marketing.
|Fred Grant, Owner
Northern Maine Media, Inc.
Join us at Noon today for The Weekend Primer on WHOU 100.1 FM. Guests today include Kristi Brannen from Spring Break Maple & Honey, Joyce Transue from The Courtyard Cafe and team members from both the Hodgdon and Houlton Varsity Boys Basketball Team. Tune in and get primed for the weekend!
Congratulations to the First-Ever WHOU All-County Team! We had the chance to stream over 90 games this season and to see some great players. Players have been selected to the WHOU Teams based on the votes of over 50 officials, ADs, coaches, and many others.
- Parise Rossignol – Van Buren
- Carmen Bragg – Washburn
- McKenzie Worcester – Washburn
- Hannah Graham – Presque Isle
- Krystal Kingsbury – Presque Isle
- Sable Altvater – Southern Aroostook
- Chelsey Pelkey – Limestone/MSSM
- Katie Condon – Houlton
- Natalie Hill – Houlton
- Felicia Bouchard – Van Buren
- Taylor Williams – Presque Isle
- Rylee Warman – GHCA
- Whitney McNamme – Fort Fairfield
- Kalie Ward – Easton
- Jessy Dickison – Houlton
- Morgan Livezey – Katahdin
- Nick Guiod – Houlton
- Chris Hudson – Hodgdon
- Bradley Shields – Presque Isle
- Hunter Turner – Easton
- Jackson Mathers – Southern Aroostook
- Jacob Rioux – Van Buren
- Cameron Bragg – Washburn
- Kyle Bouchard – Houlton
- Dayne Savage – Caribou
- Cody Herbert – Caribou
- Jarrett Olson - WASHBURN
- Chandler Brewer - CENTRAL AROOSTOOK
- Derek Richardson - CARIBOU
- Cody Plourde - FORT KENT
- Nate Boynton - WISDOM
Get ready for the weekend with the Weekend Primer on WHOU!
Listen Fridays at noon for the Weekend Primer with Fred and Kristen LIVE on WHOU 100.1 FM!
Today’s Weekend Primer, January